Whether you are trying to lose weight or want to add more fruits and vegetables for a healthier lifestyle, these high protein vegetarian recipes are a surefire way of changing your diet for the better.
They are scrumptious, healthy, filling and can be consumed for lunch or dinner.
Include them in your meal preps, or make them for your next family dinner, either way you will thoroughly enjoy these high protein vegetarian recipes.
4 High Protein Vegetarian Recipes
Teriyaki Tempeh and Broccoli
This is a great alternative for your typical beef teriyaki and broccoli bowl. With tempeh in the mix, it is a protein packed vegetarian meal that will keep you full for long. This is perhaps one of the best high protein vegetarian recipes in the books.
- ½ pound of fresh broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 8 0z package of tempeh, cut into bit-size pieces
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Cooked rice for single serving
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Sesame seeds and chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- Mix all teriyaki sauce ingredients in a bowl and keep it aside
- In a large pan, add a small amount of oil and over medium heat cook the tempeh until brown. If you feel like the pan is drying out, add a little more oil
- Once the tempeh is golden brown in color, add in the teriyaki sauce. You can add nutritional yeast for added flavour and texture. Toss the tempeh in teriyaki sauce until completely coated.
- Add in the broccoli and minced garlic to the pan. Cook for ten minutes, occasionally tossing to fully coat the broccoli with sauce.
- Once the broccoli is slightly crisp and bright green, remove the pan from the heat
- Serve hot with rice and garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
Feta with Bean Mash and Beetroot Salsa
This is one of the best high protein vegetarian recipes out there. It is delicious, budget friendly and low in calories. Perfect for people who want to incorporate veggies in their meal and stay fit.
- 100g light feta, vegetarian and sliced
- 65g rockets
- Flour for sprinkling
- Salsa and Beans
- ½ red onion, chopped finely
- 250g beetroot, cooked and diced into small cubes
- 0.5 lime grated zest and juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dill chopped and extra for garnishing
- 400g cannellini beans
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- Add the onion and beetroot in a bowl with the lime juice and lime zest, dill and seasoning
- In a pan, heat the oil, add garlic and cook until soft. Make sure you don’t overcook the garlic. Add the beans along with the juice in the can. Mash the beans leaving some to get the chunky texture
- In a separate bowl, toss the feta in the flour until fully coated. Lightly dust the feta to remove excess flour.
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil and toss in the feta. Cook until golden and warmed through. Make sure you don’t overcook the feta. Flip it half-way through for even cooking.
- Remove from the pan, place the feta on a plate over the bean mash and beetroot salsa.
- Garnish with extra dill with rocket on the side
Black Bean and Sweet Potato
If you are bored with your choice of vegetarian recipes then you are in for a treat. Black bean and sweet potato is one of the most scrumptious high protein vegetarian recipes out there. It is a twist on a traditional Mexican dish with fewer calories and meat alternative.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 15-oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup queso fresco, crumbled
- Lime wedges
- In a pan, heat oil and over medium heat cook the sweet potato, sweet pepper, and onion
- Cook for 7 minutes until the sweet potatoes are softened. Make sure to stir occasionally so the potatoes don’t stick to the pan.
- Add the salsa and black beans and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until all the veggies are tender and cooked through.
- Once the sauce thickens slightly, add the seasoning
- Warm the tortillas on a skillet
- Spoon out the mixture and fill the tortillas with it
- Garnish with queso fresco, cilantro and lime wedges.
Brussel Sprouts Pasta
This pasta is going to be a nice surprise. The flavour profile is something you might have never tried before and we are sure it won’t disappoint you. This is one dish you should add to your list of high protein vegetarian recipes.
- 1 onion
- ½ cup parmesan
- 300 g spaghetti
- 1 ½ cup Brussels sprouts
- a handful of pine nuts and fresh parsley
- ¼ cup light cream
- 3 tablespoons of white wine or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take two bowls of water and boil it
- To prepare the Brussel sprouts remove the brown leaves, the stem and with a knife make an incision to the core so that it doesn’t crack
- In the first pan add the sprouts and in the second pan add the noodles.
- In a pan, add oil and then sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add the cream, parmesan, pine nuts, white wine and salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and the cabbage.
- Cut the brussels sprouts in half and then add it into the pan along with the pasta
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot
The satiating high protein vegetarian recipes mentioned above is going to make your life very easy. It is going to help you incorporate nutritious vegetables in your daily routine and help you stay healthy.